Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

BEAUTIFUL SHIP

Sail Date: November 19, 2006

This was a beautiful ship and the service staff was the most pleasant that I have ever encountered on a cruise ship. I had read that the ship was garish with it's interior design but I thought it was tastefully decorated.

I am not sold on freestyle dining though. We found that if you did not make reservations for the entire cruise for the specialty restaurants immediately upon boarding then you couldn't get in....they always said that they were booked although we saw many tables empty. So...if it's necessary to make reservations immediately upon boarding...how is that freestyle? The food was good but not great.

I will say that the staff on this ship was the friendliest that we have ever had on a cruise. They were eager to please and service was great!!

We had an outside balcony where we spent many hours....so relaxing. The shower had a door instead of a curtain which was nice. Instead of a showerhead there was a handheld on bar which I found to be convenient. There also was a glass sliding door to the toilet area. I thought for a small bathroom this one was configured very nice.

All in all a very good cruise.

Pros: SERVICE

Cons: FREESTYLE DINING

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Shopping here is the greatest. Both my husband and I bought very nice watches.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We took a taxi to the El San Juan Hotel and Casino which cost about $15. My husband was very lucky.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
St. John's, Antigua
I would not visit this port again..it was dirty. We stayed in the shopping district and I guess the main actraction is the beaches which we did not go to so maybe for other people they had a different experience.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Shopping here is the greatest. Both my husband and I bought very nice watches.
St. John's, Antigua