Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A nice Experience

Sail Date: April 01, 2006

My husband and I sailed on the Jewel in April taking the last carribean cruise before it left to do a transatlantic.I had one previous bad experience on Ncl back in the 90s so I was very pleased to see that this cruise seemed to be very much improved.I thought the food was very good the Chin Chin and Tapas being the favorite places we ate and the service was also very good.The main dining rooms had good food and the buffet food was plentiful though the variety was not there this food was not as good as the dining rooms or the restaurants.The freestyle crusing idea was great especially not having formal nights to dress up for unless you wanted too.Also I advise making resrvations for the restaurants on the first night of the cruise so you will be able to get in the ones you want to though they did have some cancellations later.They have electronic screens on several decks that display the wait times of the dining rooms and the resturants which is a neat idea so you can tell how crowded they are.The shows need some work the theater is nice but the quality of the entertainment was poor to me.The sateroom we had was nice with bright colors and teak trim.They were always cleaning our room twice a day they always checked it too.So room steward very good.In the massage area nd salon very nice and attentive service plus the gym was very nice with flat screens on the treadmills and elliptical machines and nice weight training equipment.The trainers were helpfull too.I thought this was a beautiful ship and a very nice cruise.

Pros: Freestyle Cruisng

Cons: The entertainment could have been better