NCL JEWEL: NOT a HAPPY SHIP
Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Transatlantic
Sail Date: April 30, 2006
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
Cabin Type: Inside
Traveled As: Singles/Friends
Reviewed: 8 years ago
The NCL JEWEL is a beautiful ship with beautiful and very comfortable accomadations. BUT, many problems lurk beneath the waves.
(1) There is a virus on board that made me sick FROM THE FOOD in the MAIN RESTAURANT every day!
(2) SERVICE is very poor. WAiters spend their time talking to each other and seem annoyed when yoiu request service. NOT ALL of course, but surley more than 60%.
(3) The Buffet (Garden Cafe) has aweful food, the worst on the 7 seas; and no trays. Everything must be carried in your two hands.
(4) You are advised to NOT shake hands with anyone!
(5) Room Service is very slow (one and a half hours on average) and the menu is very boring. The only soup offered is so salty no one wants it.
(6) On a two week cruise, no one change the bed sheets not once.
(7) Information in the daily newsletter was consistently inaccurate.
(8) Bar Drinks were very expensive and prohibitive.
(9) There were no comfortable seating in any of the bars.
(10) The "Soda Package" was interpreted different in every bar/resturant.
I will never sail the Jewel again.
The Reverend Donald J Sella
Ports of Call
Pros: Appertizers, Soup, & Desserts
Cons: Main Course tasteless, Viruses everywhere, service poor