Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A Wonderful Cruise!

Sail Date: April 01, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our 4th cruise first with NCL. We went on the norwegion jewel, from miami to san juan to st. johns antiqua to st thomas to stirrup cay. San juan was very americanized. We did the old and new san juan tour. At antigua we had a lobster lunch on the beach and swam. Saw a valcano across from antigua spewing ash, that was awesome. At st thomas we went to maegans bay, very pretty. Then stirrup cay was a beach break, water was very nice, beach was crowded though.

As for the ship, clean, beautiful, staff very friendly and genuine! We ate in the french restraunt la bistrohad to pay $10/per person, but WORTH EVERY PENNY. Our seat was a plush red velvet curved couch with throw pillows. I had escargot mmmm, He had a norwegion seafood something appetizer he kept going on and on and on about that, very tasteyfilet minogn with a truffle sauce mmmm, cheescake for dessert. Top notch food and service I highly recommend. My husband was skeptical at first about the french food, but after the cruise was over he agreed the french place was the best of all the restraunts. We went to cagneys steak house. 15$/per person, Very good. I got the lamb, he got the steak. I also got the oysters rockerfeller casserole appetizergood. He got the crab cake, very good. For dessert, sinful dark chocolate cake OH MY GOD! YUM! We also ate at the non pay restraunts good as well. Tsars place was very nice (main dinning room). Each time we were sat next to the window overlooking the ocean. Candle light dinners every night.

Staff/waiters/waitresses top notch! The shows, top notch!

Embarkation, disembarkation, and we even had to go through customs in the middle of our cruise before getting onto one of the islands.all SMOOTH AS SILK! They have got their stuff together on this ship let me tell you! We have sailed with a different cruise line before this one and it had me second guessing ever going on another cruise againbut now my faith has been restored once againIm ready to set sail as soon as I replenish my funds!

Pros: Excellent Service

Cons: Kids program was crowded/ not enough space