Wonderful Experience from start to finis

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: April 01, 2006
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
The ship was great! I thought all aspects were wonderful. The rooms were spacious enough, however they were a little tight and the beds pretty comfy. I spent very little time in the room, so they were just fine for me. The staff was super friendly and welcoming. The entertainment was decent, and the restaurants were great with great service - however some meals took a little longer than we anticipated, but it was nice to relax and eat each course slowly. I also found the ship to be very clean and sanitary. The pools were great, but it did get a little crowded at times, so it's definitely a good idea to get up early to reserve chairs.

I loved the "freestyle" aspect. It was great to be able to sit with who you wanted to and eat at whatever time you wanted to. I would highly reccommend making reservations at the beginning of the week for each night. Especially liked the japanese steakhouse and cagney's. Wasn't too keen on the mexican food, but it wasn't awful. Only really ate at the buffet for breakfast and lunch and it was adequate. Blue Lagoon was a great place to go late night for a snack.

Some shows were definitely better than others. The comedian was pretty funny and the cirque show was awesome! We definitely took full advantage of the entertainment each night and would reccommend doing the same.

Staff was super friendly and by the end of the week we definitely had our favorites.

I thought the ship was in great condition and found it to be very clean & spacious

Inside staterooms were adequate, however it was constantly dark inside therefore we never had any clue as to what time it was. I will definitely book a room with a view my next time around. However the beds were comfortable, and bathrooms were great. Again, I didn't really spend too much time in the room so it was fine for my needs.

Pros: restaurants, bars, entertainment, pools

Cons: announcements