A Good and Bad Cruise

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: January 01, 2010
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
Some things were excellent and others were poor. The entertainment was top notch. We loved the Easy Walk Off option--it is the smoothest I have ever disembarked a cruise ship. The dining service was by far the worst I have ever seen on a cruise ship. There were other little things that were annoying--we had to take the beach towels from our room everywhere, even to the out island because they wouldn't provide any others unless you paid a $25 deposit. There was no "disco" so we had to listen to the same band every night until late when a dj would come on--the timing was such that the teen activities let out just then so the dancefloor would fill with teens as the dj started--it didn't make the rest of us want to dance.

Too many restaurants that you had to pay for. Freestyle is interesting but I would prefer to have my own table each night with the same wait staff.

The shows were the best I have ever seen on any cruise ship. We especially liked the dancers (Cirque Bijou was amazing) and the Cat's Pajamas.

My seven-year old niece had a fun time with their activities.

The wait staff in both main dining rooms were very inattentive. If I were at a regular restaurant on shore I would have given them less than 10% tip.

Nice. Everything was clean and easy to find, once you got the hang of it.

It was a nice stateroom but our stewards didn't always to a great job. For example, we didn't have hand soap in our dispenser for four days even though we reminded him twice.

Pros: Ports of Call, Entertainment, and Easy Walk Off Disembarkation

Cons: Restaurant Service--Terrible!

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.