Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

NCL Jewel not such a jewel

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

Room Type: Suite

My room smelled like an outhouse. They were nice enough to move me. I didn't think the ship felt very clean. Food was lousy. Nothing for the teens to do. The ports-except Belize were terrible. Nothing to do. Such poverty. I have cruised with other lines that have exceeded my expectations. Not this one. The free style cruising is anything but. They try to nickle and dime you at every turn. You never got to know anyone. No one introduced themselves. Except for the person that helped me with the room the staff was lousy.

Pros: Didn't like much

Cons: The ports were awful. Roatan was a lousy port-such poverty that it was depressing

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.

nothing for teens to do
Not to clean. 8th floor was like a maze to get around.
Lousy food
Room smelled like a urinal
never got to know the staff. with freestyle no one introduces themselves and you never see them again.