Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Still a step behind Royal.....

Sail Date: November 01, 2009

Me and my wife boarded the ship to walk into the ship's Crystal "Atrium", to be met with only 2 stories and absolutely nothing to write home about. It did have one of the largest showers I have been in. The cruise director staff was awesome! There was just no "pizzaz" with the ship. It actually looked like an older ship that had been refurbished, but was very clean.

Pros: Good shower size, cruise director staff very fun and friendly

Cons: Newer ship-no atrium???? Go to the dining room and your steak is included in your cruise, go to a "restaurant" and it's 25 bucks

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.

Same steaks, shrimp, lobsters, and salads that are included in the cruise price will cost you 15-25 bucks more in their "specialty" restaurants. Once again, the dollar wins!
The nightly shows, 3 of them for 7 days??, were the some of the best I have seen on a cruise. Especially the le Cirque Bijou, THE best show I have seen on the high seas.