Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A nice ship But!!!

Sail Date: March 01, 2009

Room Type: Suite

I just salied on the Norwegian Jewel 03/29/09 5 Night cruise. The check in process was smooth and painless. Once aboard the ship i was very impressed with the size and style of lounges etc.. We finally made it up to our cabin after lunch in the garden cafe on deck 7. we had a nice Mini suite on deck 11.. very nice and spacious. The only thing that was missing was the fruit basket and fresh cut flowers i was told we would get daily.. finally after two days of asking for it i got it. I have two complaints that really got too me.. One is that if you choose to use your credit card to have everything placed on.. They hold $150.00. we clearly ask at least three time if it would be a hold.. they all said no, Sure enough day two bang a charge of $150.00 which was a hold.I had to fuss and fuss for them to do something about it. They automatically charge 12.00pp regardless of what type of service is reendered..I have cruised on 7 other ships 4 carnival and 3 royal carribbean and both of them had much better food and much better entertainment.Although i will admit the last show called Cirque Bijou is the best i have ever seen.. The clubs just didn't do it for me.. I'm not the biggest club head but darn it wasn't that good at all.. ship was a dead zone at 1am everynight. The Food in the regular dining venues was terrible.lobster night was the worst.. the lobster was so dry we couldn't do anything but laugh, On the third night of the cruise i ordered flounder it was so nasty me and my wife got up and went to the 24hr snack bar and ordered wings and fries. we opted for Texmex one night and went to Tango's.. That was great of course because it carried a $10.00 pp fee. I see that alot of cruise lines are doing this now. it's a nice option but, What happened to the day when you could get a great meal at the regular dining restaurants? Norwegian is great in alot of ways and way behind in alot of other ways. Would i cruise with them again? yes but only with the right group of people. They need to stop lying to lure you in. i clearly asked my agent if the jewel had the two story WII games as the pearl and others ships have and the anwser was yes. But they didn't. Enough of me complaining. This wasn't bad at all for the money but in the near future they really need to improve on the food, service and activities..Happy sailing!!

Orlando Lawrence

Pros: Cabin

Cons: Food, Activities, Clubs

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

Dry lobster and nasty flounder.