Disappointing

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

9 Night Southern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 09, 2009
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
I have been on about 8 cruises on different cruise lines before this cruise.

The "ship" is the sum of all aspects. The physical ship was great, however I was a little disappointed in the general management of the ship. For example, disembarking at the ports and taking tours always involved a mob scene and standing in line for a long time. Most restaurants require a $10.00 per person/per meal cover charge. After paying $3,300.00 for the cruise, I was disappointed they charge $2.50 for a can of soda.

All things considered, in the future, I will go to all inclusive land resorts.

Very disappointing.

My roon stewards were great. As a group, the other staff I came in contact with were not very friendly.

I decided to walk around town instead of taking a tour, and I did not feel safe.

Pros: The ship was clean and well maintained, the room steward was very good

Cons: Food was very average, (I prefer Applebee's), Freestyle cruising means standing in line and many extra charges

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.