Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

most expensive cruise ever!!!!

Sail Date: April 01, 2008

Room Type: Suite

To begin my husband ,and I enjoy cruising . This was his 6th cruise,he has been on Celebrity ,Royal carribean,and Carnival. This was My third,I have been on Royal carribean and carnival. The ship itself was beautiful,the quality,and decorative details were very nice. Our state room was spacious,with a nice size balcony. The staff was very curteous,they always remembered our names. The prts of call and the excursions we chose were amazing. Unfortunately,what ruined our expectations on this cruise was the food. It was horrible. I could recall receiving my dinner entree cold a few times,as well as over done or not done enough.The food was very bland. One thing I would like to stress is that my husband and I are not cheap people but we felt expenses on the ship were rediculous. Pay restaurants donot comapre with other cruiseline pay restaurants. They would try to nickel and dime you every chance they could get. there was always a catch to something on this ship which included an expense. I found it very tacky while sitting and waiting for our show to start after dinner employees are trying to sell "Raffle" tickets like as if we were at a little league baseball game ! I will not sail with NCL again.I would prefer sticking with another cruise line such as royal carribean in the future.

Pros: Ports of call, ship quality,staff

Cons: FOOD, non inclusive prices

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.

Shows could be better Cirque Bijou was great though
as mentioned earlier food quality very poor
details of the decor in the ship were very nice
We had a mini suite Very pleased!
all staff very curteous and professional