Enjoyed cruise

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 13, 2008
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
The ship was in good condition and kept very clean. There was some shortage of sun deck area/chairs but that was largely because of persons 'reserving' chairs for others.

My husband and I loved the 'freestyle' dining, eating when we felt like it. We traveled without friends and offered to share tables at most meals. About 80% of the time we were matched with another couple and had pleasant visits over dinner.

I don't think the staff could have been better. Professional attitude and appearance was present from the cruise director to the steward.

Colors would not have been my first choice but layout and condition were excellent.
We booked a land excursion to Tulum which we enjoyed in spite of the unusual rain. We had no time to see Cozumel.
Don't Miss: Tulum
We shopped for a couple of hours and then met our pre-booked kayak and snorkeling tour. I enjoyed the activity although the 'guide' rushed us and gave no instruction. Snorkeling sightings didn't compare to others I have had but it was still fun.

Pros: Staff was very professional and accomodating. Food was plentiful and good in the buffet. Main dining rooms offered smaller but adiquate portions with supurb preparation and delightful presentation. Serrvice was also excellent.

Cons: I became suspicious of their shopping promotions, wondering what they had to gain from recommending the certain shops. I don't think this is unusual for cruises but I was disappointed by the short time in port. There was little time to explore and get a real feel for the area.

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!