Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good Cruise

Sail Date: October 28, 2007

The ship was very clean and had all the latest ammenities you would expect from a brand new vessel except for a movie theater and spacious fitness center.

I don't believe the food quality in the main dining room was up to par with other ships I've cruised on. The specialty restaurants are fantastic, but it's difficult to get a reservation for large parties (6 persons) unless you wake up at 7AM to call ahead for seating.

We booked a balcony on the 10th deck and I was impressed with the decor, fixtures, bathroom, closet size- nearly everything about the room. Our deck was very quiet...no problems sleeping.

One negative comment I should add is that you do get a sense of being "nickel and dimed" everywhere you turn; Even the bowling alley was quite expensive.

I did enjoy our trip and would recommend this ship.

Pros: Free Style Cruising

Cons: No Movie Theater

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

My last cruise was on the Oosterdam (Holland America) and it has a very nice movie theater, which we enjoyed catching a relaxing movie while at sea. Public areas are nice on this ship, however the indoor fitness area was cramped.
Specialty restaurants were a big hit with our group.
Nice amount of activities while on ship, however the shows were not the best I've ever witnessed.

Don't Miss: Rent a car and drive the island. The beaches are beautiful.
George Town, Grand Cayman

Don't Miss: Sting ray tours are great.