Good Cruise

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 28, 2007
The ship was very clean and had all the latest ammenities you would expect from a brand new vessel except for a movie theater and spacious fitness center.

I don't believe the food quality in the main dining room was up to par with other ships I've cruised on. The specialty restaurants are fantastic, but it's difficult to get a reservation for large parties (6 persons) unless you wake up at 7AM to call ahead for seating.

We booked a balcony on the 10th deck and I was impressed with the decor, fixtures, bathroom, closet size- nearly everything about the room. Our deck was very quiet...no problems sleeping.

One negative comment I should add is that you do get a sense of being "nickel and dimed" everywhere you turn; Even the bowling alley was quite expensive.

I did enjoy our trip and would recommend this ship.

Specialty restaurants were a big hit with our group.

Nice amount of activities while on ship, however the shows were not the best I've ever witnessed.

My last cruise was on the Oosterdam (Holland America) and it has a very nice movie theater, which we enjoyed catching a relaxing movie while at sea. Public areas are nice on this ship, however the indoor fitness area was cramped.

Don't Miss: Rent a car and drive the island. The beaches are beautiful.

Don't Miss: Sting ray tours are great.

Pros: Free Style Cruising

Cons: No Movie Theater

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!