Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Eastern Carribean

Sail Date: March 25, 2007

I recently traveled on NCL Jewel to the Eastern Carribean. This was my first experience with Norwegian Cruise Lines. I truly enjoyed the freesyle dining concept. I wanted a relaxing experience where I could come and go as I pleased and the NCL Jewel delievered. The ship was well kept and the staff was friendly. Embarkation was smooth and so was departure. I would go on another NCL cruise.

Pros: Freestyle cruising is a wonderful option. I didn't feel the need to pack evening wear and was relieved not to have to wear evening wear to dinner.

Cons: Food selection and quality was average.

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

The restaurant variety, convenience, and ambiance were great. The food quality was just average. I would not say that I had an outstanding meal but I never had a bad meal either.
The ship was well laid out. and accessible. The decor was nice. I like how the fish pointed to the front of the ship if you ever got turned around. The public areas were all clean.
The beds were comfortable with two pillows and a nice comforter. The rooms were clean and the room looked new.
The staff was very friendly.
The shows were great. There were movies on TV if you wanted to stay in your stateroom. I would have liked more variety during the day.
St. John's, Antigua
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
I liked the idea of just relaxing for the day. Plenty of chairs around the beach and picnic area. This was much better than the pool deck where there are not enough lounge chairs.
San Juan, Puerto Rico