Not as advertised!!!!!

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 19, 2006
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
I did not like the freestyle dining. You could not eat when and where you wanted. You did not have the same wait staff so unlike other cruises I have been on, they did not get to know you. They waitstaff was very pleasant but they were not entertaing like on other ships. My kids tried the kids program twice and both times they said it was awful. I also met many other kids on this cruise who refused to go back to the kids program.

when my kid got whiney all I had to do was threaten to send them to the kids club. They stopped immediately.

spent the day at dickson beach. Very nice beach. The locals try to sell you stuff but they were not pushy.
Beach was nice, however the cruiseline packs you in like sardines on the beach.
Took the kids to the fort (El Morro) They loved it. Very cool. The city was not all that impressive
took the side trip to St. Johns. Went snorkling in Trunk Bay. It was Awesome!!!!!

Pros: ship was beautiful

Cons: Altough they advertise dine when and where you want, that option was not available. Most restraunts were already filled for the week when we boarded the ship. Kids program was lousy. Most of the kids on the ship did not enjoy it.

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.