Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Fabulous time!!!

Sail Date: November 05, 2006

When we first got on the ship it was overwhelming and very confusing. It is massive! But it didn't take long to figure out the "lay of the land". There are helpful signs and diagrams everywhere. Everything was spotless and smelled fresh and new.

Pros: the staff, being waited on hand and foot is something I could get used to. they do it all!!!

Cons: the lack of dark leafy green vegetables and fat free ranch dressing

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

The entire staff was amazing with the exception of one bar tender. We especially loved Erica- our waitress at Azura. All staff was courteous and extremely friendly.
As I said, green/colorful veggies need to be more abundant. The fruit, however, was amazing! I have never had better or riper fresh fruit in my life!
The state room was wonderful. We wished we had been able to book a suite/balcony room because it was our honeymoon, but the room was as described.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We didn't book a shore excursion, just took off walking through Old San Juan and up to a castle/fortress. Beautiful scenery and people more than happy to be of help w/ directions.
Don't Miss: I would say the exploration.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Megans Bay was beautiful, although it was not nearly what I expected. The people there tend to be rude. Especially in a cafe that is right by the port. I can't remember the name of it. They quote you prices for drinks and food, then you get the bill that is twice the price and refuse to pay it and they call you "cheap" and accuse you of trying to steal from them.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Snorkel--- if you don't your missing an incredible opportunity. Oh, and the huge raft rental for $20.00 is well worth it. Don't expect to get a chair on the beach. But if you do luck up, expect half a dozen people to be darn near sitting in your lap.
St. John's, Antigua
Dickerson's Beach was phenominal!!! The cost is a $12.00 cab ride and well worth it. Don't try to walk. You'll get run over. Look for a cab driver called "Johnny Red Shoes". He's a hoot!!!