14 years between NCL cruises

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Houston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 27, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Jade

Just got back from Houston, 1 week on the Norwegian Jade, really liked the ship, the layout was O.K., it seamed like we did more walking from one end of the ship to the other than we normally do.  I guess its normal because most of the food is on one end and most of the entertainment on the other end, pool and casino in the middle.  Thought the food was great, the wait staff was really good, bar staff was good, I think there was a small lack of waiters out at the pool area, every time you want a bev. you get up and go get it, but the wait was not bad.  The shows were fantastic, and I liked a lot of the common areas.

I think our cabin, first off the elevator, was slightly smaller than some, not sure, our T.V. pointed down slightly at a strange angle, I said something to the room steward, but he didn't or couldn't do anything about it. There was a light out over the desk area (no big deal). Plenty of hanger space. Toilet at a funky angle, pretty cramped. Shower was excellent, larger than most that I've had, I'm about 240 lbs., and I had no shower issues.

The food at all venues was very good, better than I had expected. A little confusing going to the main dining room (which is on the 6th floor) you have to go to the 7th floor to access it. The biggest negative, most of the seating at the theater and some lounges was pretty uncomfortable.

talk to the cabbies furthest from the ship, it gets a little cheaper, and way less pressure, go to the beach via cab, the beach was awesome.