Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

NCL Jade Christmas Cruise

Sail Date: December 19, 2015

This was our 7 cruise and our second NCL cruise. My wife and I love the activities on the ship and the opportunities to learn about other countries first hand. The Jade met all of our expectations. The service was excellent.  The food was great. The entertainment was exceptional. I think NCL does the best job of providing exceptional talent to entertain their guests. It seems to be better than the other lines we've been on.

What we do love are the art auctions on board. We've become collectors and we've learned a lot about artists of today.

This was a Christmas cruise. The ship was well decorated with lights, garland, and gingerbread houses. They played lots of holiday music. I was impressed that they didn't shy away from playing Christian Christmas songs. Most of the cruisers seemed to be families traveling together in groups.

The only thing I was disappointed in was that the ship didn't encourage table sharing in the dinning room.  We asked several times and only one person ate with us at one dinner. We missed meeting people in the dining room.

My wife did come down with a high fever and she was treated in the ship hospital. They did a full assessment and diagnosed her with pneumonia. After several IV's of antibiotics, they handed us a $3,300 bill. We will have to submit this expense with our insurance company. So, if you need to go for medical treatment. Make sure you ask what the costs are. They  will charge them against your ship account.

The Jade is in very good condition and we were pleased with the decor and cleanliness.

Inside cabins are fine if you are just sleeping. I prefer spending the savings on shore excursions or to buy more art.

1 Comment