Not the best cruise to date
Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe
Sail Date: May 31, 2009
Ship: Norwegian Jade
Cabin Type: Inside
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 8 years ago
1) During one breakfast a supervisor was conducting an "evaluation" of a server where it could be heard by the passengers. It wasn't pleasant.
2) I had no idea that staterooms could be so small. The double bed occupied 50-60% ot the space, leaving about a foot on each side to get to the bathroom and outside. There was also a fold-up upper bunk which made using one side of the bed passage a doubled over exercise. In the future I will be much more careful in picking a cabin.
3) The small TV had picture that was uniformly snowy, "over" colored and hard to see on all channels, DVD movies and antenna reception. (Steward said that was the best picture possible.)
4) The food was very good in all the restaurants. The only exception was the Garden Grill (?) [buffet] where the pastry/deserts were flavorless.
5) At the Edinburg port-of-call where we tendered in there was a long line waiting for the 2 or 3 shuttle buses ($7.50 roundtrip). On checking there was a train station 27+ steps aroung the corner where you couldnn't see it for half the price. There was also bus service in the port of South Queensferry [a short walk away] for slightly more than half. None of these transportation options were explained on board ship that we know of.
Ports of Call
Pros: Staff were pleasant and professional
Cons: The inside stateroom was so small there was only about a foot to walk around the double bed. I wish I had known so I could have made a better choice of rooms.