Great Cruise but……

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Getaway

9 Night Southern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 27, 2021

Ship: Norwegian Getaway

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 10774

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Definitely not a good time to cruise. Covid forced our ship to 45% of capacity which definitely dampened the fun and entertainment. Shows were awful and several were cancelled. Service seemed almost as good as we are used to with Norwegian but I would drop them a star because our Cruise Director was the worst ever. I never saw him until day 5 , I think. Normally a good cruise director is everywhere you look. The staff of this cruise seemed tired and I was definitely disappointed in the entertainment more than anything else. The pool side music was horrible and I heard several people complaining about it. Leon Novembre, was outstanding in Howl at the Moon. He was perhaps the best HaTM performer I’ve ever seen. The rest of the entertainment was just ok. Norwegian needs to pull it together. I’m sure they have more customers that felt similar to me.

Ship experiences

Steward was very nice and attentive but no where near the level of stewards of past.

Ship tip

Beautiful ship but pool is small and entertainment was lame

Ports of call