Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Wonderful Trip on the Norwegian Getaway

Sail Date: May 15, 2016

My favorite part of the trip was being on the Getaway and traveling to the ports of Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel.  The ruins in Costa Maya and Cozumel were very fascinating!  The guide that we had for Chacchoben Mayan Ruins was excellent!!!  Gabriel was an archeologist and a Mayan.  He worked on the site and gave us great information on the Mayan culture of yesteryear and today.  Carlos the driver was always looking out for us to make sure we had enough water to drink.  I would definitely love to do this trip again!!!!

Big Smile

Cruise Photos

Cabin / Stateroom It was a little small and it didn't have any draws to store my clothes in (ex. socks, underwear, t-shirts, etc.) I was only in there to sleep and change clothes. To many things to do on the ship to stay in the cabin.
Both were orderly and every staff member was friendly
Ship is only two years old and in excellent condition.
Enjoyed all the destinations.
I Loved the Park West Art Auctions!!! Wish I had more room to put art up in my place. But I love the free art I won and they gave away.
Burn the Floor and the Million Dollar Quartet were excellent!
Miami, Florida
It was close to home. I wish Norwegian had ships leaving from Ft. Lauderdale.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Belize City, Belize
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

Use Shore Excursions Group for all your excursions. They all did a wonderful job and you can save 50% or more. Also I really liked eating dinner at Taste. They gave me wonderful service. Savor was also good.