Wonderful Trip on the Norwegian Getaway

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 15, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Getaway

My favorite part of the trip was being on the Getaway and traveling to the ports of Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel.  The ruins in Costa Maya and Cozumel were very fascinating!  The guide that we had for Chacchoben Mayan Ruins was excellent!!!  Gabriel was an archeologist and a Mayan.  He worked on the site and gave us great information on the Mayan culture of yesteryear and today.  Carlos the driver was always looking out for us to make sure we had enough water to drink.  I would definitely love to do this trip again!!!!

Big Smile

I Loved the Park West Art Auctions!!! Wish I had more room to put art up in my place. But I love the free art I won and they gave away.

Burn the Floor and the Million Dollar Quartet were excellent!

Ship is only two years old and in excellent condition.

It was a little small and it didn't have any draws to store my clothes in (ex. socks, underwear, t-shirts, etc.) I was only in there to sleep and change clothes. To many things to do on the ship to stay in the cabin.

Use Shore Excursions Group for all your excursions. They all did a wonderful job and you can save 50% or more. Also I really liked eating dinner at Taste. They gave me wonderful service. Savor was also good.

It was close to home. I wish Norwegian had ships leaving from Ft. Lauderdale.