Norwegian Gateaway Caribean Cruise

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 12, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Getaway

Norwegian Gateaway is a new cruise (2014) so the everything is very well designed, especially the rommy cabin & its toilet. Food is above average but not excellent. Entertainment is just OK.

We experienced a bad "headache" due to the mistake from the bartender and the billing computer system. Here is the story: After ordering a beer at a bar, I mistakenly gave the bartender my friend's card instead of my card (my friend - a woman whose cloth doesn't have pocket to hold the card, so she asks me to hold it for her, thus there are two card in my pocket). After entering the system, the bartender found out that the card I (a male) gave him belongs to a woman, not a man. I told him that I gave him a wrong card, he then voided the transaction and charded the drink to my card. The evening of the last day on the cruise, my friend came to the Customer Service desk to make sure all the billings are done and clear; she was told that she had an outstanding balance due to "the beer I drank was still on her account", she explained and after checking carefully, the Service desk told her that the bartender did not void that transaction correctly, so the Service desk cleared the transaction, then gave my friend a cioy of the bill with ZERO balance. The next day, during disembarking my friend was stopped and taken to see an officer who rudely shutted my friend off by saying "This is not a problem with the bill", even my friend did show her the zero-balance bill from the Service desk. After "investigating" she told my friend that my friend had an outstanding balance (of the drink). Afraid that she might be late for the plane, my friend went ahead and pay for the balance so she can get out of the ship on-time for the airport. We are not complaining for a few bugs, we just want to point out that there are many issues with Norwegian Gateaway: The bartender doesn't know how to void a transaction correctly, or he did void it correctly but the computer system doesn't update it corrrectly (?). After the Customer Service Desk gave customer zero-balance bill, it doesn't update its computer billing system that's why on the disembark day the computer still shows that "there is an outstanding balance". Norwegian MUST clear this mess. I stayed in cabin 5818 on Gateaway cruise date: 9/12 to 9/19/2015, please contact me if you need more explanation.

Very well design cabin and toilet.
Very roomy. Clean.
I suggest add a dimable night light so that you don't have walk in the dark to the toilet at night.