Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

I'm considering another cruise, but uncertain if I would use NCL again

Sail Date: July 04, 2015

I love to cruise and my husband and I are finally at a point in our lives where we can travel more.  I'm not sure if I would go through NCL again because there seem to be a lot of things that need to be worked on.  At the same time, there are also a lot of things we thoroughly enjoyed.  I absolutely love how breakfast is served on the morning of disembarking.  On another cruise we went on, it felt like they were kicking us off the ship practically.  They also gave us cooling towels at the end of day we were docked as we got back on the ship.  That was amazing.  I did NOT like how we paid so much for spa services, but felt forced to buy the products to the point of not enjoying the massage.  Didn't the ship make enough money without strong arming people into buying spa products, especially after spending so much on spa services?  There was some sort of tar in the top of our closet and my bags had it all them along with a few articles of clothing.  I'm pretty disgusted about it, but it was on the morning we left and things were pretty hectic.  I will contact NCL about this and send pictures, in hopes they will make it right.  We had our 17 year old twin teen boys with us on the cruise and they seemed to enjoy it for the most part.

Having the specialty restaurants was great because the every day buffet wasn't the greatest food and while the setup was a good concept, people do not follow the rules or get in lines correctly, which caused a lot of congestion and confusion.
The staff was great. Omar was my favorite along with J.C. Lorry was our cabin attendant (11818) and he did a fabulous job and was extremely friendly.
We had a great time, but felt there could have been a little more.
We were with our twin 17 year old boys and while they found plenty to do, a few of the workers were on a power trip and apparently hate their jobs... I suggest they keep that to themselves.
Most of the activities were awesome and I felt there was a lot of diversity. The reason I didn't give this a smile was because the Bingo was ridiculous. We payed a small fortune to play daily been a little more. It was the most expensive Bingo I have ever been a part of. When you charge THAT much to play, you expect the payout to be more than 30% of what was collected.
You had to pick and choose carefully along with doing a lot of research. I was pleased with the choices.
The ship was beautiful and clean.
Embarking and disembarking were a much better experience than what we have had in the past. Waiting in line to board was horrible though. There weren't enough people taking photos and getting everyone checked in. Also, if you weren't of elite status, you felt unworthy. I didn't like that at all.
Miami, Florida
I HIGHLY recommend the Big Bus Tours!! That was an absolutely fabulous way to see Miami.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I cannot say enough good things about St. Thomas. I loved the shopping, Megan's Bay, the food, the people! I loved it!
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
It was an all around bad experience.
Wow! The only complaint I have is that it wasn't long enough. We went to the Blue Lagoon and it was fabulous! We thought about going to Atlantis, but since it was our shortest length of time, we were worried that we woulnd't have enough time to enjoy it. I'm glad about the choice we made because it was just perfect.