I love NCL but hated this ship

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 02, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Getaway
We are a mature couple and have been cruising for over 30 years. It is very obvious to us that NCL missed the mark here; cutting corners wherever possible. The balconies are the smallest we have ever seen on a ship. The food was not great and the menu selections in the free restaurants were limited. I ordered fish twice and they had obviously been frozen for too long. The service was terrible. We waited almost 1/2 hour to get our three sushi rolls at Wasabi (paid food option). The staff provided a very small salad for my husband and I to SHARE as consolation. Seriously? The theater chairs are incredibly uncomfortable. I did provide feedback to one of the officers who indicated they knew about the problem and are working on it to fix it. Legally Blonde was corny and the singing talent mediocre. We never travel during family season and this was the beginning of May. There were so many kids onboard and nowhere to relax without hearing screaming kids. Kids were everywhere, including the adults only pool and hot tub. The Haven is the only adults only retreat but it costs $20 daily. The Tropicana Room is a dinner/dance restaurant but there were so many toddlers running around the dance floor that many times we didn't dance afraid of hurting them. Staff unwilling to do something about it. Tortola as a destination has nothing to offer. The area around the port is being developed and in our estimation it will take 5 years for it to develop. The beach was ok but you have to pay for transport, none within walking distance of the port. In conclusion; if this had been our first cruise we would have decided never to cruise with NCL again. But we know they can do better. I think we'll stick with the older ships.

Already included in previous narrative

it's my hometown. Stay and visit awhile
Junkanoo Beach is within walking distance