Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

NCL is Improving

Sail Date: April 11, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Great ship, but there were a few negatives.  The bunks were like sleeping on a basketball court, the food was average at best and the cruise was very casual. There were no formal nights, with shorts and flip-flops allowed everywhere at anytime. My wife and I are veteran cruisers and prefer the traditional two formal nights.

On the positive side, there was no or very little waiting to be seated in the restaurants which we had experienced before on NCL with their freestyle dining. The ship was very clean and our mini-suite was very nice, It had the largest bathroom and the smallest balcony I have seen.

The embarkation and debarkation were excellent, as was the entire staff and crew of the ship.

Being a veteran of 35 + cruises, I do recommend this cruise, especially to first time cruisers.