Beautiful ship

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: December 01, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Getaway
This was our 10th cruise\, our first with NCL and probably the best we have had. The ship was really nice and new. The layout was very functional. Staff was friendly and accommodating. We took our two boys and they had a ball with the water slides and rope course. The only issue we had that I wasn't happy with: We had a promo of 2 specialty dinners each night. I made all the reservations 2 months prior to sailing. Three weeks before cruise\, I called NCL Customer service and asked if we could skip 1 night and take all 4 to the Japanese Steak house restaurant in exchange\, thinking it would be nice to spend as a family. (which it was). The agent said there was no problem in exchanging that\, cancelled the reservation for 2 on Monday and booked us for 4 on Thursday. After finishing our family dinner\, they charged me for the 2 kids. I tried to explain to waiter\, then dining manager what was arranged\, but to no avail. So I took my problem to the Guest Service desk\, went thru 4 people\, long\, frustrating story short\, they would not budge and stated the policy was that 2 had specialty dining and that is it\, period: Which I understand and can respect\, but the customer service person should have known this policy and explained it when I called. So not only did I get charged for 2 extra dinners\, but I also lost out on 2 specialty dinners by not going on Monday. A double wammy!! We paid extra for the Vibe private area\, but regretted it. Just another cold hot tub and some lawn chairs and a bar. We had 2 days of 15 foot waves and 50 knot winds. Surprisingly\, the ship took it quite well. A few stumbles as you walked\, but none of got the least bit sea sick. Entertainment shows were enjoyable. We had a good time.

Food was very good. Love the Free style dining concept!

We enjoyed the shows.

My 6 year old wanted to be at the kid club 24/7. Had a great time. The 17 year old wasn't into the teen club and chose not to attend. They both loved the video arcade!!

Except for the one issue\, staff was very friendly.

Only complaint is that pool is very small and hot tubs need to be warmer.

Nice room but the Balcony was the smallest we have ever had.

Pros: Free style dining option and speciality dining choices

Cons: Size of pool and chilly hot tubs

Recommends Norwegian Getaway? Yes!