A good time with friends

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: August 01, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Getaway
Food and service was greater than expected.

The main thing that was a frustration for the week for my friends and I is that we couldn't enjoy the casino\, or hang around the atrium area on 6\,7 or 8 due to second hand smoke. We tried to tough it out in the \"non smoking\" area of the casino on 1st night and it was a horrible coughing spell for 2 of us later that evening. The second day the smoke smell got into my clothing just from walking through the area to get to the other side of the boat. We had to avoid that area and bars the rest of the week because of the smoke. For the remaining days of the cruise we all avoided 6\, 7 & 8 when having to get across the ship. We would walk halls of staterooms instead. I will not be going on the getaway again mainly due to that. I will be fast to research smoking and non-smoking areas if I do go on another cruise. Hope this is helpful. For what it's worth\, my friends and I are healthy\, mid 30s and workout 3-5 times weekly. Smoke really got to us.

Better than expected. Options that would fit any palette

Quality shows and comedy was clever\, funny and not super crude which was VERY appreciated. wish there were more movies shown in their sweet theater. when they showed movies like iron man 3 and thor dark world it was while we were out on port days.

VERY good service from every employee and staff member.

Ship was very nice. Super clean. Layout was confusing first day or so but that is with most cruise ships anyway. They had a great navigational system on each floor by stairs and elevator. They had touch screens that could map you anywhere you wanted to go

Very nice. comfortable staterooms. i was in a studio room for single occupancy and it was nice. Those particular rooms have access to a studio lounge complete with espresso\, cookies\, lemon cake\, pastries\, everyday all the time.

Pros: Food\, the Vibe lounge\, the waterslides and ropes course\, comedy show and other shows were good

Cons: Smoking was allowed in main areas and drifted throughout the atrium. We couldn't hang out around floors 6\,7\, and 8 in the most happening part of the ship because you could smell second hand smoke.

Recommends Norwegian Getaway? Yes!