Beautiful Ship - HORRENDOUS food

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: January 01, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Getaway
The ship was absolutely beautiful. I looked forward to spending many evenings at The Sunset Bar on The Waterfront. Someone was smoking on the balcony on our floor\, even though it says in the daily newspaper that smoking IS NOT allowed. The Sunset Bar was overtaken by smokers and I had high hopes to spend a lot of time there - didn't happen. Very disappointed.

At several of my meals\, the food was either cold\, hard\, undercooked\, or under seasoned or very little flavor. The chicken of the chicken and waffles was an abomination to fried chicken. It looked as if it had been dipped in Prego breadcrumbs and baked. The waffle fries in the buffet were cold and hard. The burger was so full of onion I couldn't even taste the meat. The sticky buns were so hard that you could have used them for cement as they had been under the heat lamp too long. I had a medium rare steak that was stringy and could have used a chain saw. The shrimp fried rice at Noodle Bar was cooked wrong so it was not good. Fries were cold on several occasions. The breakfast room service menu needs to be expanded to include hot foods (eggs\, bacon\, sausage). Also could add toast\, bagels\, salmon.

The size was good\, but the balcony could use a bigger table.

Pros: The ship was absolutely stunning

Cons: The food and the smokers

Recommends Norwegian Getaway? Yes!