Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Overall Cruise experience

Sail Date: December 20, 2014

Ship was too large, too many children, for the most part unfriendly staff, and sub par food.  All shows and restaurants were booked.  For a ship this size we thought there would be more to do, instead we found less to do and what was available was fully booked or was overrun by children.  We thought that Norwegian cruise line was more for adults and would cater to the adult crowd, instead we found it overrun children with no suprevision or respect for other around them.  I understand that it is not staff's responsiblity to watch over children, however there was no where that an adult could go to find piece and quiet.  Even when we went to things where they suggested adults only, people brought along small children who took all the seats and seemed to feel the need to participate and be heard.  I was truely dissappointed in this cruise.  If this had been my first cruise, I would probaly never go again.  At this point I will say that I will NEVER sail on a large ship and if for some reason I have the same poor service on a future cruise, I will probably never take another one.  On prior cruises there were less passengers, far less children, and the staff all over the ship was friendly and remembered who you were.  The dining options were outstanding as was the food.  On Norwegian Getaway you had the buffet and other free restaurant.  The buffet was terrible and the restaurant had a very limited selection of food.

For the most part staff that did not engage with passengers at all. When you stopped to ask someone a question you got a quick brush off response.
Most shows were booked. The couple were saw were ok but not as good as on prior cruises.
All seemed geared to small children or young crowd. Nothing for middle aged or more senior people to do
Miami, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Long walk from ship to town or ground transportation and no other means from ship to area except walking. Tough for someone older. In addition, the walk from the landing to Atlantis was far and nohwere for someone to sit and rest for a moment before continuing on. Didn't see any transporation from where the boat left you off and Atlantis except to walk.