Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Week

Sail Date: June 28, 2014

Overall My wife and I had a wonderful experience on the Getaway.  I have been cruising on RCL and Carnival my entire life, but this was my first time cruising with Norwegian.  I would say that we were most impressed with the overall quallity of the food through out the enitire trip.  My wife and I are self proclaimed "foodies" so the ultimate dinning package was a no brainer.  We enjoyed the restruants and were really fond of Cagney's and Le Bistro.

There were a few things we would have done differently if we could have done it all over again.  To me, the magic show/ dinner was a little on the corny side.  My wife enjoyed the expirence, and it was entertaining but If I had to do it all over again I would rather have enjoyed one of the specality restruants again.

We paid extra to have access to the Vibe Beach Club. We are in our late twenties and wanted a place where we can go lay out and relax away from all the children.  Looking back, I don't think the vibe is woth the $$.  The layout chairs were comfortable, and it was quiet, but there were a couple days where there was no breeze in the Vibe and it litterly felt like an oven.  It would have been perfect if there was a pool there to cool you down but instead they have two HOT tubs.  Having access to unlimited towels without worring about checking them in or out was a nice perk.

We were a little dissapointed with the overall lack of couples our age on the boat, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

If you ever needed to call down to guest services, be prepraied to wait a good while.

The wife and I enjoy to drink so we decided to shell out the $800+ for the utimate drink package.  I don't think we would go this route again.  With the days you are at the port, it becomes a challenge to drink enought to make it worth it, and we found ourselves drinking even when we didn't feel like it becuase we felt obligated.  I think paying the preimum and ordering a bottle or two the the room would have been a better option unless you really are a heavy drinker.

We weren't too impressed with the comedy bits, but the dueling pianos were pretty fun.

Overall, we had a great experience.  Everything was new and clean.  The ice bar was fun, but the premixed drinks sucked.  We enjoyed to mojito bar.  The slides were great, I felt like a kid all over again!