Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Excellent in Every Way!

Sail Date: June 28, 2014

Room Type: Suite

This ship is new, clean, and set up very nicely.  The activities are numerous, even for parents that aren't drinkers.  The Ultimate Dining Package was a super value for people who enjoy having a special dinner each night because the specialty restaurants are fabulous; especially Cagney's Steakhouse.  The only complaints about the special restaurants was the selection of desserts was minimal, but the cheesecake in the steakhouse and the chocolate fondue in The Bistro were fabulous.  Being a health conscious dieter, I was able to endulge in special healthy foods without eatting too many carbs and sweets.  The service throughout the ship was outstanding.  With so many patrons, it is hard to believe that you never felt over crowded or "cattle hearded" through the ship or disembarktation.  The water slides kept my husband busy for an entire afternoon.  They were excerptional!  The ropes course was challenging, unique, and really a nice extra event that other ships just don't have.  The nightlife was also excellent.  Each show was high quality, and original.   Our room was very nice, but we had a mini-suite that felt quite small.  The bathroom was nicer than any other cruise room I have been on; with a couble sink and full shower.  The workout rooms were small, and the spa services were very epensive; even for just a manicure.  Overall, this is a huge improvement for Norwegian.  Oour last Norwegian cruise in Hawaii was really mediocre.  I am glad I gave them a second chance.

The excursions we purchased were ok.  I truly loved the "Turtule Cove" snorkling outting on St. Thomas.  The "Sea and See" excursion on Nassau was not great.  We also swam with the dolphins on an island off of San Martin.  This excursion was fabulous during the actual water part, but boring for at least two hours of the day.  I think they kept us at this yucky lunch spot for over an hour and a half just to make sure they sold as many pictures as possible.  I felt a bit trapped and wished they could have been more efficient.  I didn't actually love the islands as much as I do the stops on the Pacific coast.  They were a bit dull, and the selections of excursions were not great.  The ones that were nice, were very very expensive.

Overall, I just love the cruise!  It was fabulous.  Maybe it was becuase the ship was so big and new.  My 16 year old son had a very nice time in the "high school" nightclub.  I think the ship is an outstanding value.  They do throw you off the ship very early the day you affive back in port, so think about doing something fun in Miami is you have a late flight.  We seriously could have made a noon flight back to California out of Fort Laurderdale.  INstead, we sat around for hours and hours waiting for our flight home.

Overall, it was a fabulous trip!

Cruise Photos