Great Caribbean Cruise - However be cautious if you have any kind of food allergies

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Norwegian Gem
10 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 13, 2018
Ship: Norwegian Gem
Great family time! Overall the Norwegian Gem is very nice. Worth it if you don't have any food allergies.
Embarkation was very organized.

Specialty Dining was excellent; however the service in the main dining room was lacking of service. One night for dinner we literally waited over 20 minutes just to be served water. Then waited another 10 minutes for the menus. I had difficulties with assistance with my Celiac disease. No one could help me in the buffet area to let me know what items were gluten free. I was told a couple of times, "I don't know it came out of a can". Other cruise lines have GF items labels and the head chef took me around the 1st day to let me know what was GF and what was not. Really no dessert items in the buffet that were GF. Main Dining Room did have some "Jackie" who helped me preorder my dinner each night. She was very good. I did however get sick separate days because of gluten issues.

Teppanyaki

Excellent service & food! A must if you go on the Gem!!

Pools, rock-climbing. The fitness center was very clean. Paint nite was fun!

Entertainment on the ship was Excellent! Shows, production numbers, comedians, hypnotists - all were fantastic!

Room Steward was fantastic!! Ship personnel, with the exception of the main dining rooms were great! Main dining room service very lacking in service.

Would definitely recommend this cabin if you are looking for an outside cabin, but want to save a little money. View was blocked by life boats, but you could still see out.

If you are traveling with any kind of food allergy be very careful. Have traveled on other lines that had plenty of gluten free options and the chef was always available to assist me if I had any questions. Never was able to speak to a chef on NCL Gem, let alone have him walk me around and give me some assistance. Definitely need to improve in this area.

All ports of call were fantastic!
We did kayaking in Antigua which was a lot of fun. Definitely worth it!
Recommend seeing the volcano in St Lucia.
Rain forest in St Kitts would be a great experience if you want to zipline.
Unfortunately, not enough time in St. Thomas. Don't miss the shopping here and Megan Bay Beach if you can
Easy - there were lines, just need to be patient.