Not what I had imagined compared to other ships

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Helpful Vote: 1

10 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 03, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Gem

This trip was not what I had imagined.  I have been on two different ships and those trips have been wonderful.  I had begged my best friend and her daughters to go on a cruise.  Well, the ship from NY to first stop (Puerto Rico) went through a storm (it was scary).  The ship quarters had a clogged sink and horrible smell from the bathroom.  The pool's slide was out of order.  The climbing the rock was also available some times.  The music was only available for some areas.  The showers  next to pool was out of order.  The activities were limited.  The shows were not great shows I have seen from other ships.  We had a problem with two servers since they were laughing and rolling their eyes when one of the girls has food allergies and wanted to just order some chicken soup and also bothered by the fact that I just wanted Rice Krispies for dinner since I was not feeling well.  After the dietician found out she did apologies and rectified the problems.  We also booked locations for dinner and always had problems with times and dates.  We made the best we could but unfortunately I would not recommend Norwegian Gem cruise.

The rooms were very comfortable but this room had an odor and clogging on sink.