Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Don't make the same mistake we did...

Sail Date: December 13, 2015

Today I returned home with my family  after the 10 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Norwegian Gem. Home never looked so good....I was horribly disappointed in my entire cruise experience. The restaurant service was atrocious. We rarely got through a meal without something being forgotten or the wrong item being served. As an example, one morning we waited an hour for our breakfast, never to receive our kid's french toast or omelet. We were informed that the water slide was broken, however at no point was anyone making any attempt to fix it. There is no bowling alley, so disregard that portion of their website, we were told it hadn't been updated in a while. The bars were mostly understaffed, leaving us waiting and waiting to order our drinks. I was happy with the kids club, until my child suffered a significant, avoidable injury, landing us in the medical center getting stitches in his face. Needless to say, this will be my last time cruising with Norwegian. If anyone is considering doing so, I would highly recommend reconsidering, especially if you are planning a vacation with your kids.