A Fantastic Time

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Sail Date: September 01, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Gem
The ship itself was very nice. I have been on the sister ship to the Gem (the Jade) before and they are almost identical. The common areas are very well kept\, and the restaurants\, bars\, and entertainment venues are clean and spacious. The only area that seemed too crowded/cramped was the buffet. It was almost impossible to find a seat during breakfast or lunch. The crew was what put this ship over the top. They were absolutely fantastic. Probably the best I've ever encountered on any ship.

All of the food that we had was very good. There were a couple of occasions that the timing was a little slow between courses\, but other than that\, everything was good.

The entertainment was varied and very high quality. I did hear quite a few people that didn't like Second City\, but I found them entertaining. The production cast was one of the best I've seen on a mid-sized ship\, and the entertainment staff was amazing. Especially Nacho\, Fabio and Mandy--they went out of their way to make sure that all activities had as many participants as possible.

I would give them a six or seven if I could. The staff was outstanding. Always smiling\, and making us feel special. I've never been on a cruise where so many staff members other than my cabin steward knew my name!

The stateroom was very good. We were in a mini-suite\, but other than a slightly larger bathroom\, and slightly larger balcony\, I can't see much difference over the balcony cabin. The dcor is ready for a little bit of updating\, but everything was in good working order\, and was very clean.

Pros: The Crew of the Gem was Amazing

Cons: Cabin looked just a little outdated

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!