Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A perfect getaway!

Sail Date: May 01, 2014

My husband and I sailed on the Norwegian Gem from May 3-10. The weather was perfect the entire trip! We would definitely recommend this cruise line as it was very clean\, friendly\, and provided many great activities/shows. In addition\, the ship traveled to their private island at Great Stirrup Cay\, which was one of our favorite parts of the vacation! We paid to go kayaking through the reservation department on the ship\, and it was worth it! Also\, take goggles with you on this vacation\, because it is very easy to see the fish swimming at your feet while in the water!
There aren't many negatives that I can think of about this experience. I am a vegetarian\, so my food choices were limited. But\, even still\, I definitely did not starve! There was plenty of food to eat at various restaurants! It was a perfect cruise\, and I would definitely recommend Norwegian!

Pros: The ship was very clean and the staff was very friendly.

Cons: I really can't think of much\, but if anything there was a lack of vegetarian food options.

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!

The ship was very clean! The staff stood at each entrance to the dining areas and sprayed everyone's hands with sanitizer!
There are limited vegetarian options; however\, I still ate plenty! The buffet and the main dining areas included in your vacation have limited options. Even still\, there was no need for us to eat at the specialty dining areas.
Although the stateroom was small\, it was good for what we needed. It was clean and provided easy access to all levels of the ship. My husband and I often book cruises early\, but take one of the \"left over rooms\". We like this option\, because you still have access to all areas of the ship at a better price.
Everyone was very friendly! The man taking care of our stateroom knew us by name without introduction!