Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

An average cruise experience

Sail Date: May 01, 2013

This was my thrid time taking the NCL cruise\, the ship was maintained well\, very clean and neat\, all the staff was very nice and very hard working especially staff at Magetta restaurant and the guy who cleaned my room. However\, I am quite disappointed about the lack of facilities for my two sons (3 years old and 1.5 years old). The ship only has one very small kiddie pool\, and was always packed\, with only 3/4 kids in the pool already made it difficult to move around. I have experienced better options from Royal Carribean cruise ship. Besides\, this time I have experienced the worse food options and taste compared to NCL Dawn and NCL Spirit\, not sure if this is due to budget cut. Overall\, I won't highly recommend this ship expecially to the family with kids.

Pros: Staff was extremely friendly and got their work done well\, and ship was clean.

Cons: Food taste and options\, not much of water facilities for kids.

Recommends Norwegian Gem? No.

The size of the buffet restaurant is small making it very crowded during normal meal time\, always need to look for seat\, which is not what I will expect from a vacation. The ship was maintained well\, clean and neat all the time.
Taste of food was average\, very limited food choices/varities.
Not enough facilities for kids.
We participated once the children's program\, staff was extremely friendly and nice with the kids\, but again\, the place was very small.