Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Nice ship but can use an update

Sail Date: November 01, 2013

Room Type: Suite

The ship was nice and clean. Our room was clean and the steward was very attentive. The ship was not huge an can certainly use some updates but it was fine for what we wanted. The service was great in some areas and just good in others\, but no awful service anywhere. The food was very good in most places. Also they had decent drink packages like the 6 bottles of wine I purchased on board for my drinking on the trip. Certainly better than by the glass! The free style dining is awesome. We did not want to get dressed up ever on the trip and we never did. On an off boarding was a breeze...they made it all simple and it did not take too long. When we boarded\, they told us people on the previous trip got sick. They took extra precautions through the trip to limit sickness. This included not letting any passengers ever touch anything in the buffet restaurant. They made everyone use anti bacterial cleaners when entering any restaurant. I was really pleased with their efforts. Overall\, great trip!

Pros: Great service....not too big

Cons: Main dining rooms often had lines

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!

The ship was clean\, very clean and they really worked thouhgout the cruise to keep things as clean as possible.
We had to wait often for access to the main dining rooms.
Great stateroom...
The casino host found ways to comp me and she was really helpful and caring. The bar host on deck six really helped me pick the best drink package and always remembered my name when I walked by. Every problem I had in any department was quickly corrected.