Mediocre Cruise

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

9 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 23, 2013
Ship: Norwegian Gem
My husband and I are long-time cruisers.........having traveled on the "Norway" seven or eight times, and in the years since on Norwegian and other cruise lines. The Norwegian Gem is a beautiful ship overall and that's the best thing I can say about it. Entertainment was good. Food was ok and the night before disembarkation the food was good. Staff was ok with a few exceptions where they were great.
The embarkation process took over an hour and we arrived early. Our cabin bore traces of the previous tenants, which I cleaned up. We chose a mini-suite balcony, mid-deck which was a nice size except the BEDS were well WORN! Change the mattresses, please. We laid in grooves on the bed for nine nights. It used to be much nicer service with the cabin stewards when they depended on our tips! I very much disliked the casino slot machines as there was really no chance of winning anything. We will not take this trip again.

Don't go to the casino!