Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

I have to give this...

Sail Date: April 09, 2011

p
I have to give this ship a really good rating on cleanliness. I could not believe how clean they kept this boat and I was happy for this because I am always scared with the stomach virus going around the boat but they are very strict if a person gets sick on the boat and trying to avoid this. The food was good and the specialty restaurants were really good but with a family it could be costly. The entertainment was good and they had some good shows. We had fun in Florida and I loved relaxing on their island. The kids had a great time on the boat and we went before Easter so we avoided the abundance of kids, there were enough for my kids to have fun but not overly crowded with kids running around.
p
My negatives are few, the rooms are really small for families but we managed. You could not spend lots of time in there with 4 people so thank god there was enough to do onboard to keep us out of the room. It also could get expensive when you have kids onboard at the game rooms. I don#39;t really think that they should be charging so much in the game room you should be able to buy a game card for a discount so that the kids can enjoy and not be limited. The bahamas stop was okay but not great, we went to the aquarium that I heard so much about and it was okay not what I expected. Also do not pay for the slide in stirrup cay if you have teenagers they could not slide down it without getting stuck it was more for little kids and I felt like I wasted money.
p
Overall I loved the ship and am returning with my husband on this same boat to go to Bermuda :)

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!

Cruise Photos

too small
buffet good for breakfast & lunch specialty for dinner but costly
shows were good
kids had fun but some parents didn't watch their kids
great service all around
had fun on most but not bahamas