Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A nice family vacation

Sail Date: July 07, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I was VERY disappointed with the lack of pools for small children. This is a ship with Nickelodeon inspired entertainment, geared towards kids, and the only kiddie pool was pretty much for newborns with 3 inches of water in it. My son is four, however, the main pool was too deep for me to hold him in it as he can not swim and I was not tall enough to touch and hold him. He could not \"swim\" on the boat at all. The Dawn had a much better kid area.

Pros: The shows were great and the food was good

Cons: While the staff associated with cleaning our stateroom was fabulous\, the waitstaff seemed annoyed and unfriendly.

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!