Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Average Cruise

Sail Date: April 15, 2012

I recently sailed on the NCL Gem. The ship was very clean. Our cabin was roomy and comfortable.

Pros: Very clean

Cons: Food

Recommends Norwegian Gem? No.

I was very disappointed in the food. I had sailed on this ship before and the food was much better then. You can no longer make yourself a cup of coffee or get a glass of juice. you have to stand behind a barrier and wait for one of the ships personnel to get it for you. Nothing from the buffet could be taken and the lines were crazy. The food itself was not what it used to be. There were no shrimp, no crab legs, no clams, hardly any seafood at all. There was alot of rice, potatoes, pizza, burgers and pasta. The desserts were average at best if you didnt mind standing in line for a piece of pie to be handed to you. Since you could no longer prepare your own coffee, it was never the way you like it. I tried to explain to the server that I like my coffee light with one sugar and got it almost black with either splender, or a fist full of sugar. The main dining rooms were crowded but provided much better food than the buffet however the menu was very limited.