Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A decent cruise...

Sail Date: March 25, 2012

Interesting layout-- was not always forced to walk through duty-free shops. I didn't feel constantly hassled to purchase goods. Wish I knew before boarding that I could have brought on cases of soda instead of buying soda plan. Looked like they had some interesting, albeit non-essential programs for additional charges, including Deal or No Deal, Bingo and spa-lounge access for the week. I wish I had known about more of it in advance to budget my money and time better for what my desires were on board.

Pros: Good entertainment,

Cons: ports of call, food service,

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!

Poor dessert options. Service was typically subpar - cold personalities and slow. I don't think freestyle cruising is for me - I'd rather sit at a table where the waiter gets to know me and my preferences over the course of my trip. Was not easy to get into secondary dining room (Magenta).
Bathrooms were typically okay. Never felt any public areas were dirty. Condition was fine.
Interior cabin was smaller than RCI equivalent on Explorer of The Seas. Otherwise average. Service from steward was excellent.
A few staff members went above and beyond.
I loved having Second City Comedy. The game/interactive shows were enjoyable, but many of them were exactly the same as my experiences with RCI (Not So Newlywed=same questions as Love and Marriage). Lovely art auctions. Trivia was always fun.