Great Cruise but...
Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas
Ship: Norwegian Gem
Cabin Type: Balcony
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 6 years ago
Review Summarythe ship was very nice with the acceptions below:
- There was a lot of smoking on the ship, especially in the casino and apparently on the balconies that drifted to our balcony and into our room, restricting my use of both.
- The main deck with the swimming pools was very slippery while a non-slip surface would have made it much safer.
- The food descriptions in the buffet area could have been more specific to include ingredients especially those that are common allergens for some people like lemon, lime, orange, peppers, etc. There were only a few signs saying certain items may contain nuts or been prepared on equipment that may have been exposed to nuts - but not which nuts specifically.
- The lines for embarking and disembarking were very long.
- The instructions upon disembarking in NY for getting picked up were very unhelpful. They herded us to street level, but neglected to tell us there was no pickup on the street level with no obvious way to get to the upper level where you could get picked up, no signs, just angry security who assumed you knew the procedures without them having to tell us.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Pros: overall the cruise was great. Food was great for the most part. Activities were plentiful.
Cons: I couldn't use the casino because of the heavy smoke. I couldn't use my balcony because of the smoke as well.