Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Gem was great

Sail Date: April 01, 2011

In general we have had a great time onboard, I was dissapointed by the staff. Some guys onboard where rude and unpolite. We are easy people to handle, not complaining, just in extreme cases.
But in the casino we have called the manager as one staff member from Romania was extremly rude and was not able to explain in which direction is the main dinning room (it was our first day onboard).
Our cabin attendant was fabulous, he was a bright spot for us.

Pros: great itinary

Cons: rude and unpolite staff

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!

I was hoping for better service. Except our cabin attendant, he was great. He saved now the Gem of getting a poor rating.
Fair variety, the show onboard was acceptable. But after the 4-th night I was bored.
We have enjoyed the food, there was a huge variety. Fresh fruits where delicious and available on a large scale. On the other hand the Burger station was dissapointing for me in the Lido.
We have found the Gem spotless and very clean.
was small, but perfectly enough for us. Bed was very, very comfortable.