Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Bermuda

Worst ever

Sail Date: August 01, 2011

We sailed on the Gem on August 29 for a six day cruise to Bermuda. It was scheduled for seven but hurricane Iriene delayed our departure. The cruise line gave use a $100 ship credit for the lost day that I was paying over $400 a day for, 3 in a balcony. The room was tiny a booked a balcony hoping for more room but theirs is the smallest. The dinning room, the main free ones, was over crowded. The first two nights I had to wait over half an hour to eat eight o'clock be me past 8:30. I tried to make a reservation but only parties of six could do that. When I complained I waited 45 minutes for a table I was told the longest wait was 35 minutes what ever. The food was mediocre at best and sometimes rushed and other times slow. There were no movies shown on my 12" TV or anywhere on board. The nightly shows were ok but repetitive.
Overall I would never go with Norweigen again, this was my third time with them and my tenth cruise

Pros: The ship didn't sink

Cons: Food, stateroom, service, corporate office

Recommends Norwegian Gem? No.

The waits times and food seemed designed to steer you toward the many non free resturants
Small room for a balcony. I request a sharps box as soon as I got aboard and didn't get one until late on the second night.
Not a lot of free activities
It's a large ship with no elegance
Considering how understaffed the ship was they tried