Fantastic Food for Food Allergies

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Bermuda

Sail Date: June 01, 2011
Ship: Norwegian Gem
Overall, the Norwegian Gem was an excellent ship & I was pleasantly surprised by the genuinely friendly crew. I would especially like to mention the Maitre D', Richard Bull, who went out of his way to ensure my cruise was nothing short of perfection. I have Celiac Disease and must eat a strict Gluten-Free & Dairy Free diet. On cruises with other cruise lines, that meant bland tasteless meals, but not on Richard's watch! He made sure everything that touched my plate was delicious, imaginative, & food allergy safe!

As I mentioned earlier, I have to adhere to a strict Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free diet. The Maitre D', Richard Bull took special care to ensure my meals, which were prepared in a separate Food Allergy kitchen, were safe AND delicious! He would surprise me with GF/DF desserts, breads, & muffins. He would wrap leftovers for me to take back to my mini-fridge equipped stateroom for a snack. I can not speak highly enough of the care he took to ensure my cruising experience was perfect. If you ever cruise on the Norwegian Gem, seek him out. He is amazing & genuinely enjoys making sure you are happy.

Average

Richard Bull, the maitre d', was particularly exceptional!

My only negative was the hard mattresses.

hard mattresses

Pros: Food, Staff, Cleanliness

Cons: mattresses

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!