Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Awesome first cruise!

Sail Date: January 01, 2011

Room Type: Suite

This was our first cruise, 10 day Eastern Carribean out of NYC. The ship is beautiful and very clean. Lounge areas-Spinnaker and Bliss very cool and fun. Bowling was lots of fun. Didn't care for the casino, but I am not a gambler. Very smoky in there. Very fun excursions, especially the Kayak/Snorkel adventure in Antigua, highly recommend.

Pros: Our suite was beautiful (Garden Villa Room #14500) and the staff especially our butler was great

Cons: nothing

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!

Extremely clean, staff always cleaning. Cheerful, bright decor
Food was very good, great variety. Ate at all the specialty restaurants except Le Bistro. Teppanaki was the BEST! Food SO good. La Cuicina also very good, enjoyed the decor in there also. Enjoyed Cagney's for breakfast every day! Had a few dinners served in our suite dining room, also very good. Liked Magenta too.
OMG! Our bed was so comfortable, I asked our room steward what kind it was and he got me the info. I want to buy one just like it for my bedroom at home. We had the best room ever, the Garden Villa, #14500. What a view, unbelievable. I am spoiled for all future cruises, LOL!
So helpful and always smiling.
Enjoyed all the shows, especially fountains and the cruise staff farewell show.