Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Horrible Experience

Sail Date: December 01, 2007

NCL did not meet my expectations at all.
I would give them the following ratings: on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best.
Itinerary: 2 very poor.
Ship raiting itself: 6
Excursions: 0!!!
I have never had worth excursions in my life. I told them that they should be embarrassed of what they offer to their customers!!!!

The First stop was a Private Island: NCL decided that it is not necessary to spray the bugs that live on the island by a small beach area where they encourage you to stay and swim. Its been a week that I still have rashes all over my body, my husband and my parents have horrible allergies to the bites. I have cruised with other cruise lines and I never experienced this problem with any other cruise lines. They literally brought us to that island to be eaten alive!

The Second stop was Port Canaveral My husband booked an excursion to see a Space shuttle. When he got out of the terminal they escorted him to a wrong bus, took his ticket and ensured him that all is fine. He never got to the Space shuttle; they put him on a wrong excursion!!!!! Later, they reimbursed him with the difference of the other excursion that they put him on. (He never wanted to go to that one!!???)

The third stop was Nassau Bahamas. They made us stand and wait for the boat more than an hour, some people started to leave. In about 1.5 hours of waiting they put us on the boat and finally brought to Atlantis. On the way back we had to wait only 40 min to get back to the ship.

The fourth stop and the last was Freeport Bahamas. For some lucky chance we were all reimbursed for that excursion after they brought us to an isolated ugly beach with nothing there. It was a cold horrible weather. Where was their brain not to cancel the excursion!! Plus, even on the sunny day that place is so ugly and depressing that you would not want to be there.

The Food was good: I would give it the rating of 10. But that was the only good thing about that cruise.
Entertainment was horrible; shows were stupid and childish, definitely not professional.

Pros: Food

Cons: Entertainment and excursions

Recommends Norwegian Gem? No.