Great ship - exceeded expectations!

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

12 Night Exotic Western Mediterranean (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 21, 2007
The NCL Gem was truly just that....a Gem! The crew really went out of their way to ensure quality service! I enjoyed having a person to turn to when we needed a special reservation or to celebrate an event. The crew really went out of their way to make sure we were kept happy. The food was fantastic. I was very surprised as I have been on upper scale cruiselines and my level of expectation on NCL wasn't that high. I was very impressed with the quality and variety of the various menus. I also need to menion the faciltiies at the Spa. The jacuzzis were amazing...and so was the freshly squeezed OJ!
This port was incredible. We walked along the beach for hours. It was very pretty.
Don't Miss: The beach
very nice....siesta made it hard to shop
Don't Miss: The beach
I thought this was a very interesting port but the povery level, lack of cleanliness, and no public bathrooms made us uneasy. This port had a lot of culture but if you are looking for the "movie" feel...watch the DVD instead!
Very nice port. Again a siesta. Spain overall is wonderful, but like all other European countries, the siesta doesn't allow for exploring too much on your own.
Very nice but it was a Sunday and everything was closed! Too bad a day wasted.
Very nice. We did a tour of the rock...lots to see...monkeys, caves, tunnels! Too expensive to shop though.
Don't Miss: The Rock!
very nice....siesta made it hard to shop
Another great place....couldn't see much though unless you went to Seville which was a two hour drive.
Don't Miss: The Rock!
Very nice but it was a Sunday and everything was closed! Too bad a day wasted.
This was my favorite of all the ports. What a beautiful city! Very welcoming, the people were friendly. This city really grabbed me. From cobble stone streets to the little bakeries and cafes...I am surely coming back here!
Don't Miss: There is a lot of history here....take a tour (on your own)
Don't Miss: There is a lot of history here....take a tour (on your own)
Same as Casablanca but not as cosmopolitan. More povery, kids begging, no middle class. There were some pretty spots but overall wasn't as nice.

Pros: Freestyle - really can do whatever and whenever!

Cons: Would have prefered to have more into on onboard activities - found out about events by chance

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!